25 July 2008

Excited!

Here I am, ten days from departure. I'm feelin' good about it. The most frequent question I've been asked recently is, "are you nervous?" No. I'm not nervous. I am eager to see my sister and the family. I am excited to play with Joy. I look forward to games with Petra. The Kirsch's will be there three days after I arrive, so I am also looking forward to seeing them again. I love the food and the language. I cannot yet call the culture mine, but I look forward to owning it. Bureaucracy is bureaucracy. I cannot say when things will come together for my visa, but I know that they will. I do not fret about it any more. I am now simply confident to go and do what it is that I have spent these years preparing to do. The first days will be marked with celebrating and preparations for the SOW. I pray that I am able to take my Visa Application to the officials that week before the SOW. This would mean the University processes my paperwork immediately so that I can prove that I am a student. Please pray for this. My application documents arrived (again) on the 21st (yes, Amy was correct with her faith-filled optimism) and now I am hoping for the favor of the Lord to fall upon these documents. The sooner I hear about my student status, the better. I must apply for my visa as soon as I possibly can after my arrival so that I can receive my visa before three months pass and in time for me to start at the University.

Music. Music. Music. I am looking forward to playing for SOW and Exousia. I am looking forward to playing with my sister. I am also looking forward to playing at Christ Fellowship Church here in Maryland for the next two Sunday's. It will be great to play with the team again after such a hiatus and prior to another. I love my church family.

I had an amazing time with my Servant team again this week. I love my kids. All of you- Nebraskans and Marylanders alike -are an incredible asset to my life, the Kingdom, and the purposes of the Lord. God bless you. I miss many of you already, and others I know I will miss greatly after next Friday.

Below, you'll find some examples of why I miss my 'Braskans so much!






No comments: